Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
I also have younger people who wish they can move to Florida. No money to be made in Florida for them. I feel sorry for them, because it can be expensive to live in New York. I am glad I am reaching my retirement years. The Villages makes me want to retire as soon as I am able to and come and live a life, not to die. Hopefully, it will not be as expensive as it is here in good old Long Island, NY. Do not get me wrong, Long Island is a beautiful place to vist, but to live here you need a big bank account.
TomCat

I just moved here in Oct. from Long Island (New Hyde Park) --We said we would never move to Florida !!! Visited here and that changed everything

We closed here on Oct 27 --I retired Nov 1----

We find Taxes, Utilities, clothing and restaurents cheaer here --

Supermarket prices are about the same --some items are higher

The pace of things is much slower --its great !!

As others have stated all those negative comments from people go away once they visit --

And did I mention ---I gave my snow blower away to my son in Brooklyn !!

Good Luck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.