Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM

I believe Tom and Frank are right...people don't get it unless they have experienced The Villages. I have heard "I can't believe you want to retire to FL in that weather...it's SO HOT down there!" from so many people...and 99% of them have never been to the state...and the one who had was at Disney World for 5 days in July! It's like they forget that Indiana is hot and muggy in the summer, too...but also cold and snowy in the winter. I don't know if it's all of the years I spent skating outdoors in Iowa...but bring on the heat!!!! I believe the luxury of air conditioning is available everywhere in FL if I get too hot.
Many of the people I have talked to about retirement that HAVE spent some time in FL react much differently. I have had several say "Take me with you!" and "We'll come and visit!"
I can't wait to be in a place where it is GREEN all the time and not gray, brown or white six months out of the year!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.