Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informer View Post
Seen by more people ???

The chapel holds 200+

The main church where the cross was meant to be holds 1400+

Special lighting and alarms were built for it. Now anybody can walk off with it!

It was customed made in England just for the church.

The people who paid for the cross were told that the cross would be for the main sanctuary.

Changing memorials after people gave money for them for a specific use will discourage others to dedicate anything let alone be a member of that church!
I...um...think you are kidding right....about the curse? Catholic dogma says that it is a sin against the first commandment to allow superstition to guide you....doesn't it? Isn't that what I learned in Baltimore Catechism about a hundred years ago?

I think that moving a cross or changing a stained glass window just happens over time. My grandparents paid for a window in our parish church a long time ago. The church has been renovated....Things just change. I kinda think that someone is missing a message here. The purpose of the church building is to encourage.........................?

I have heard wonderful things about St. Vincent de Paul. I hear that St. Marks is crowded.