View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

So, any suggestions on how to stop them without killing a lot of innocent people? The problem is that the waters have been fished out and fishing was the only industry. What the pirates are doing is obscene, inexcusable and inhuman. To stop them, the villages need to be attacked -- not just on the coast but inland. Some villages assist the pirates voluntarily -- their family members are the pirates. Some do it for payment. Some are forced to house and protect the pirates. Problem is which are being coerced and which are doing it voluntarily. Much like Vietnam, it is hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys.

This is going to get me flamed, but I honestly wonder if these 4 would still be alive had our warship not followed the pirates. Others had been ransomed and released. Some have died in captivity. It is so hard to know what is the right thing to do. Maybe trailing them once they have attacked and kidnapped someone is the best way. It may mean the death of a few more but it may also give the pirates the message that their behavior will not be tolerated. I don't know.

Regardless of what is the best way to stop this, the death of these 4 is a true tragedy and about an ugly an act as could be done. My heart and prayers go out to their families.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein