View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gracie, I do understand your feelings but the IRS issue is a legitimate issue for new buyers. I don't think the question was brought up to bash TV or the Morses but was an honest concern with hopes that an answer was available. Sadly, there isn't. It is a wait and see situation. There is no question that IF the final outcome is against the developers, it will affect our taxes and fees. However, as yet, we have no idea what will happen and we probably won't for many years -- there are still a few levels of appeals to go through before an ultimate settlement (if found against the developer) is reached.

I honestly don't think questioning the Morses' ethics affects TV property values. This is a beautiful community. It is well run; the homeowners care about the property; the homes are well-built; the Morses make sure everything looks good. Whether they do because they care about the appearance or because they do it to help them sell homes is irrelevant. It is what it is and, in this case, what it is is wonderful!
Thanks Red for your intelligent post. Many of us have said that we love The Villages and enjoy the lifestyle here. But when people raise legitimate concerns about Morses' business practices or outstanding legal issues, I personally feel that we should give them honest answers. People should be able to buy in here with their eyes wide open. I personally feel it would be unethical to try and hide the facts, or pretend they don't exist, simply because I was worried about my home value.