View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
I saw an interview with the governor where he was asked if a possible compromise would be the union giving in on the wage/benefit demands and Walker giving up on revoking the right to collectively bargain. Walker literally said 'no way'.

I'm no fan of unions, but.. It's one thing to ask for concessions. It's another to ask for concessions and refuse to allow the workers to ever ask for anything again.
Does this mean that you endorse the Democrats in two states simply hiding out to avoid a lost vote ?

Would you endorse that action if they were Republicans on another issue ?

Do you think the President should become involved, even if only orally, with state budget process ?

Reason for these questions and the reason for the thread is that a number of threads are discussing the issue itself...a lot of networks also, but I am struck by the silence on the Dems simply hiding out and recall the other party being called a lot of names for simply trying to filibuster...amazing to me the different outlook...is this the new political game....we will lose so we just wont come to work !!!