View Single Post

Old 02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Since I am far from a english major, I often do not convey my thoughts well in writing. I do read what I type and it makes perfect sense to me so I submit

The following would have been better wording in my original post:
My wife, on her way home from some class at a recreation center this morning saw that a neighbor's car rear window was smashed. She said it looked like it was smashed by the paper delivery folks. I commented that is not possible unless Randy Johnson is now delivering news papers.

We just spoke with another neighbor whose car side window was smashed last night. There are now two cars we are aware of in the Murphy's Estate, Scranton Terrace, Little River area in Mallory that had windows broken last night
BTW, police were next door for over an hour collecting information....
I'm no Engrish major either! Anyway, let's just hope that the culprits get caught. It could be the best thing that could happen to them as demonstrated by the following:

When I was a kid I went into a grocery store with a friend. On the way out the other kid slipped a carton of cigarettes into the bag I had my purchase in. I could have prevented him from doing it, but I went along and we then proceeded to try and exit the store. What I didn't know is that we were being watched through a mirror that was overhead.

We got caught and brought into the store office where we were left to wait and think for about 15 minutes about what we done. You can imagine my thoughts about cops being called or even worse... my dad! After a stern lecture the store owner let is go having learned a good lesson, a lesson that unfortunatly many never get.

That lesson served me well ever since that incident fifty-some odd years ago.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"