View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Sage

I've noticed the same thing. Used to drive an RV across country years ago and felt the truckers were a big help especially when passing them. I would reciprocate and flash the lights to let them know it was safe to pull in to the right lane. Toward the end, I noticed fewer and fewer truckers would let me know when I could pull in after passing and when I would let them know if was OK fewer would flash their lights as a Thanks.

I also noted that I would flash lights to let them know it was safe and they would just continue on in the left lane even though there was no one to pass in front of me. They would stay in the left lane even though there was traffic behind them. I spoke to a friend who was a long haul trucker and he told me that some of the newer drivers brought their aggressive car techniques onto the road in their trucks. He bemoaned the declining number of real professional drivers.

On the other hand, I have also seen cars hogging the passing lane and impeding trucks even though they are not passing anyone. So it works both ways.