View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Does the path you are talking about have a sign saying something like "golfing traffic only"? I see this sign alot where a country club path comes in contact with a mutli modal path.

At some courses there are cart paths shared by the golfers and local residents. An example is Hacianda, but I do not think that is the case at Havana.

That said, it is just my opinion, I would call Havana and ask if you can walk on the paths/golf course during the day, I suspect the answer is no.
AJ, I didn't see a sign, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. Also, if some of the comments made are true, then there's a lot of misinformation given on the VCDD and Golf of the Villages websites about this subject.

I have now made calls to VCDD, Havana CC and the District office covering the usage of the trails and they do support what most of you are saying... I can't use the trail. So I did what the district office suggested and have written the VCDD through the website to voice my specifice safety issues with not being allowed as well as to ask to speak to a person of authority about it. I also suggested that their websites be updated to prevent giving the false impression that it can be used. If someone in a similar situation to me didn't care to make sure if it were permissible, they would have just went by what the websites stated and started using the path and probably been embarrased and angry when confronted about being there.

If anything of interest happens, I'll post it here as a followup. Again thanks to all for your honest input, even when I didn't like hearing it!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"