View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Wow! So much talent here in The Villages -- we all shine in different ways.

Thanks for your kind words and questions, duffysmom, redwitch, jebartle and uptown girl. To answer your questions, I will be painting the mural outdoors before it gets too hot. I'll be using acrylic paints. The subject of the 4.5ft x 16ft mural is a winter scene (that should keep me cool) and will feature snowy hillsides & different types of trees in the foreground, higher hills with some snow-covered cottages in the midground, mountains in the background, the light will be coming from the rear as the sun has just set behind the mountains, and the sky will go from golden to coppers to violets to midnight blue with just a few stars twinkling way high in the sky. The mural will be used behind an elaborate Christmas village on display from November to February every year. Below is a photo of my painting area outdoors (no room indoors). Mr. K9 likes to be anonymous, so he's been blurred out.

The Villages Florida

If you're interested, I'll post more pictures as a Work In Progress. My plan is to start on the project this weekend, dependent on the weather, of course. Fun, fun, fun!