View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid72 View Post
"Absolutely agree - I am a prospective Villager, and NONE of the negative news about the developers gives me one moments doubt of my desire to live there. In fact a prevailing opinion that the developers are infallible, and that news negative to them should not be brought to light, would give me more pause than knowing that many of my neighbors were interested in the truth no matter where it falls. And since I was the one who brought up Hitler, and stated that I was in no way comparing the Morse's to him, I will say again that the analogy was used as an extreme example of people turning their heads to moral depravity because their lives are generally improved. The Villages concept is a fabulous and successful one which will likely outlive the developers and survive any personal missteps they continue to make." -- Oldcoach Ed

From my view, I disagree. I too have considered looking at the Villages as a place to retire. A developer who has such a lack of respect for life certainly makes me think twice about giving him any part of my hard-earned money. I consider a person who poaches or mistreats animals, on the same moral level as someone like the dogfighter football player -- (someone or another) Vic.
I certainly would never turn my head to that sort of behavior just because the Villages is such a nice place to live.
And...I really thank the original poster here for bringing this to my attention, it should be brought to light.
When one is making a life changing decision such as picking out just the right place to fullfil your dream of an active, relaxing retirement, you really need to look at all of your options. Paying special attention to the people who will become your neighbors and future friends is most important. Fortunately you have come to the right place. In these pages you will find a retirement community that just may be perfect for your sunshine years. Since you have some serious concerns about the character of the Developer of The Villages and his family, may I suggest that there is a whole forum thread here that will provide you with an alternative and it's close by too. The thread will give you all of the information you will need to make a rational decision. I'm sure it would benefit you to look into Lake Weir Living. They are advertisers on TOTV! Just to start your adventure. Good luck in your search for the perfect place.

Last edited by Xavier; 02-25-2011 at 05:14 PM.