Thread: UFO encounters?
View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by novie2 View Post
I grew up believing in "flying saucers", my father was a police officer in a small town, working the night shift when he got a call from a panicky lady that something was shining a bright light in her back field. My father drove out to investigate and saw a large "spot light" coming from beneath the outline of a saucer shaped object and it was shining the light around the field ......he drove into the lady's yard as he drove past the house towards the field in back ...the object lifted up into the sky and quickly disappeared. ...this was late '40s (1948-1949)....the object was not a helicopter, it made no sound.

My Story, 1972 St Augustine, Fl...I lived on Sailboat and a friend and I were sitting in the cockpit facing the east looking over the ocean chatting.....My friend says out of the blue "did you see what I just saw"....I asked "What did you see"......What we both saw, was sitting high in the eastern sky 12 o'clock position was a very bright light (star, we thought)...this was at dusk and from out of the south came a pinpoint light very fast at about the 4 o'clock position then went up and (into) the brighter light.....within seconds both went straight up out of sight.....We both decided there was no aircraft we knew of that could do this.
Appreciate you sharing your story. It's always so very interesting to learn about what others have witnessed. Thanks.