View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Don't know a thing about the guy you're considering hiring, but here's a couple of suggestions. Get the names and addresses of some of his other clients and immediately after he leaves, go and check those lawns. (If you wait a day or two, he'll have a chance to make them look good if there was something wrong.) You don't necessarily have to talk to the owners, but if they happen to be around .....

I just recently found a guy I'm pretty impressed with. He cuts a couple of lawns in Amelia and they are some of the better looking lawns around. He also trims. I believe he adds fertilizer, but won't swear to that one. His prices are definitely reasonable. His name is Bill Verticelli (352/753-7807).

Another company I highly recommend is D & J Baker's Lawn Service. They also do trimming (352/638-2400). They about in the middle in pricing. They've been doing lawns in TV for several years and definitely plan to stick around, which is a big thing.

As to the guy who admitted he was overwhelmed, kudos to him. Too many take on too many jobs and then do a poor job for everyone. Sounds like this is a guy well worth remembering for the future.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein