View Single Post

Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
My husband laughs that when I have nothing but time in retirement how much space will I need and have I figured the cost of these hobbies into our budget? I love doing this stuff but none of it is very good,
I bet you are better than you are giving yourself credit for, Trudy. And if not, who cares! You enjoy it, get something out of it and love it enough to continue. Some of my stuff is less than stellar also but I still am driven to create something.

I think back about all the teachers, experts, etc. who insist that things must be done their way. How much creativity was stiffled because of their attitudes? Some of us live to color outside the box and lines.

I read about a nationally known quilt instructor (Quilt Magazine) who kicked a student out of her class because she, the instructor, didn't like the color choices of the fabrics the student has chosen. The student, bless her heart, refused to change the color choices and the teacher kicked her out of class. Are you kidding me? How small minded can you be? It was the woman's project, she was going to have to live with it, why did it matter what fabrics she chose to use?

I hope you go on creating whatever it is you desire for as long as you can.