View Single Post

Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
! This whole thread has the high stink of bigotry
Nitakk...I truly don't consider myself a bigot. I know many immigrants who came here legally and did what they were supposed to do.

I just recently had a conversation with my son who lives in Phoenix. He happens to see both sides of the story. When he was 18 (12 years ago), he traveled with his Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) to a little town in Mexico where they helped to build a Church. It was an eye-opening experience for him...the poverty was abundant and it truly changed his outlook on life.

When I worked in New Jersey, I knew many illegals who would come into our bank to see our Spanish-speaking personal banker. Half the time, they just wanted a translator to read them letters or explain different things that they could not understand. They would sit with him and tell him of the different ways they found to defraud our government and actually laugh about it with Jose. He would get so aggravated with them.

They had fake ID's, stolen social security numbers, etc. A couple of times I pulled up the ss# that they would present me and it would pull up the actual person to whom it really belonged, who just so happened to be customers of ours. And there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it due to the banks' "privacy laws". I wanted to call that person and inform them that someone was using their number. However, I was told that, if I did, I would lose my job. Is that fair? or right?

Would you like them to use your social security number?