View Single Post

Old 02-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Red face I don't quite have the touch yet........

I am still getting to know my new iPad. I admit that my strong suit is not in reading directions.

We were recently in TV for a really, really short time. While there, I read that there was to be a meeting where kind and patient Mac users were making themselves available to give individual help to people like me. Had we not had to leave before the day of the meeting, I definitely would have been there, in search of someone who would have mercy.

I keep trying to find spellcheck and the delete button. I end up somehow putting lower-case letter i where it should be capitalzed and I thought I had done that.

And I keep ending up in places on TOTV where I did not mean to go. I find myself on posters' profile pages when all I intended to do was hit that little
arrow to read the last post in a thread. I accidentally click on ads. Jerome and me -- and also the ad for the TOTV book. I have opened those ads fairly
often while trying to master the art of the touch.

And if you catch me wandering aimlessly around in the chatroom, please understand that I did not mean to do that. I have put myself there while aiming for a different place. I have never tried to do chat. I could never communicate with anybody there bc of my awful typing -- so bad that I have to look at my fingers a lot. (At least with the iPad, I have to watch only one finger.)

But in spite of all these minor annoyances, I really do like my new iPad. Its portability is wonderful. I really like being able to change the size of the print with that fingers-maneuver that I have managed t master.

But for the rest and for now.....

I remain,
Fat Fingered Boomer