View Single Post

Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Gold member
Default Snowbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspat View Post
Hubby and I can't wait to make TV our "6 month" home. We have children and grandchildren up north, so can't cut the cord completely (although I hear that may change once we're in TV). So, I have two questions:
I've read everything on here about new vs pre-owned. We've been told that new is better because the golf groups, people going out for dinner, etc are already formed in established neighborhoods and it would be difficult to find friends to do things with. Thoughts?

For snowbirds (I hope that's not an insulting term. Is it supposed to be seasonal residents?), do you have trouble making and keeping your villages friends when you're not here year round?

Sorry for so many questions!
First welcome to the forum and your first post. Wherever you buy you'll find friendly people. We remain friends with our winter friends and justr pick up where we left off when we left. We still call then and they call us when we;re up north.