View Single Post

Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

My spouse checks the banking and creditcard transactions we make, daily online. He caught 2 such glitches as mentioned here a year ago. One on the bankcard and one on a credit card. They were easily rectified and a new card issued.
One red flag was...was that a very small transaction was made (ie less than $3.00) presumably to see if the thing worked. Then a larger transaction....of maybe a couple of hundred dollars but that one didn't work as they didn't have the code they needed as it was an online transaction. We're always trying to be prudent with our cards. One thing that the 1st Citizen's Bank allows here is you can either indicate that it's a credit or a debit. It would probably be in the best interest to say credit!!!
The scammers are smart and do have sophisticated means of running random numbers to see what works. Now with the new technology that is happening, it's getting a bit scarier in my opinion They can just walk past an individual and scan the info they want. I wouldn't be surprised that eventually everyone will be required to have a personal chip implanted (it's already happening in some locales) with the info on. THAT to me is even scarier...but that's a personal thing.