View Single Post

Old 02-27-2011, 04:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
Saturday February 26th in The Villages, at the Monthly Meeting of the Villages Democratic Club, which was open to ALL Village Residents , Florida state Representative Franklin Sands from The 8th District, addressed more that 200 attendees about what is happening in Tallahassee and how it will affect them.

Florida Representative Marleene O'Toole, who represents The Villages, was invited to attend to address the same issues and respectively declined.

In addition Senator Bill Nelson was represented by his assistant Lisa Marshall, who was able to discuss the attempt by Governor Rick Scott not to implement the Affordable Health Care act in Florida plus the down side not to accept the funding for the High Speed Rail in Florida which would have created more that 22,000 jobs.

We had released press releases to The Daily Sun plus delivered them in person .WE were finally contaed by a representative of The Daily Sunyet yet No one showed up. However US Representative Cliff Stearns speaks on the same day IN The Villages and it makes the front page of the Local section of the Daily Sun.

Please explain why Citizens of Florida who happen to live in The Villages are deprived of vital important information or only provided selected biased articles, by the printed press just because they Live In The Villages.
Whatever the reasons for the lack of a news story in the paper promoting an event, there are things you can do to get the word out.

I've seen many flyers at the village mail drop in my village notifying me from everything from lost pets to art exhibits to quilting shows. You could organize with your fellow Democrats to post such a flyer at every mail drop. I gather more people would see that than a notice hidden in the local paper anyway.