View Single Post

Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
This station has been a topic of conversation on this forum since its opening a while ago. According to sources at that time, the rent supposedly for that location is $20,000/mo. No one could sustain that kind of rent, no matter how much they charge for gas. As my dear friend, the late Muncle said, maybe when all of 466A is built out and they increase of customer base, they can charge a competitive gas rate. The fact that they have opened and closed so many times is indicative of the problem of rent, in my opinion. Here's the link of the older posts on this subject.

Colony Cottage Gas Station on 466A
First, let me say it was nice meeting you and the others on Friday afternoon.

As for the station, few stations can be substained on only the pump receipts unless they have a super amount of traffic passing through each and every day.

The only way many gas stations can exist is through the offering of other services. i.e. oil changes, tire sales, repairs, etc. Not knowing much about the station being discussed I don't know if they offer other services, but if they don't, and even if they do you may continue to see the on and off availability, until as you say the development of TV below 466a and/or some expansion of other services they offer.

I may be wrong, but if I am... I won't admit it!!! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"