View Single Post

Old 02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
Just for future reference, The Villages does not have realtors working for them, they only have salespeople. In other words, the salespeople are not licensed or bound to a code of ethics that a licensed real estate broker would be.
I believe you are incorrect.

You are correct that they are not Realtors. But they are still required to have a license to sell real estate in the state of Florida. Under Florida law certain disclosures have to be made to the buyer. The sales person may have told them that there is a bond on the property but did not do a very good job of explaining exactly what that meant to the buyer. If the bond was not disclosed properly the buyer would be able to void the contract.

This would fall under the umbrella of misrepresentation - the act of a licensee who, either intentionally or unintentionally, fails to disclose a material fact or makes a false or misleading statement that is justifiably relied on by another.

If it were me I would be contacting the sales person's manager and at least point out the misinformation.

People who sell real estate in Florida are "Real Estate Sales Associates". With further education and experience they can become "Real Estate Brokers". None of these people are required to be a "Realtor", but in most cases if you aren't a Realtor you have no access to the MLS. TV obviously does not need the MLS for their sales team, so they are not Realtors. (Probably a lot of them have been at some point in their career.)