View Single Post

Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Platinum member
Default Thanks, Gracie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In all of the recreation centers that I have been in, the folding chairs are something to write about. They are really the finest card chairs I have ever seen. They are heavy and upholstered in fabric that matches the rec centers theme. They could have chosen run of the mill card table chairs but they didn't.

Behind us at Odell Recreation Center, someone comes to paint the outside of the building and the other structures, the shelterhouse, the storage shed, the sun covers for the shuffleboard, they all have been painted once a year since we have been here. The pool is clean and sparkling. The wall that belongs to the Odell center that defines our property is power washed once a year. They could have chosen to not care for it as well.

The dinner and bingo that we attended at Odell for five dollars a person was wonderful. We had pasta and sauce and rolls and really good salad. And the Bingo gave back all of the money that was collected with no take for the house. They could have done it not quite as nice and people would still have been pleased.

Have you noticed any little things here in TV that you thought were really well done?

If so share.

There are people just like we were once who are reading this forum and they are excited about making The Villages their home. There is so much here that is good and wonderful and far superior to what you might expect.

Tell them about this place and do it out of the kindness of your hearts.
for such a positive post. What a breath of fresh air you are! All of us living here are truly blessed to be in such a wonderful place. We have so much for so little. (This is not our first rodeo, but definitely the best.)
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."