View Single Post

Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
That's NOT Habachi at VKI. They're called Teppanyaki. Habachi is charcoal barbecue. First poster needs to clarify his/her question before a correct answer can be given.

Sakura Japanese Grill has many Habachi items on their menu and is the best in The Villages.

Skip
The OP and I come from the same town in New York State and in this town they have a Sakura's Japanese Restaurant. You may be correct about VKI and Teppanyaki, but at the NY Sakura restaurant they definitely call it a Habachi Table.

We have been to this Sakura's more than once and been to several Japanese restaurants many times over the past four decades at locations from NY to Orlando to Anaheim, and in not in a single case were the tables ever called anything but Habachi Tables. As a matter of fact I never even heard of (or at least remember) the term Teppanyaki until I read your post. Why even if you do a Google search on both terms, you will find more images of Japanese cooking tables under the term Habachi than you will under Teppanyaki... as well as more hits.

Again, I'm not saying that what you state about VKI and Teppanyaki is inaccurate, but in my experience all the cooking tables were referred to as Hibachi. So with all due respect, I don't agree that the OP needs to make any such clearification.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"