View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 12:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
We have a state represenative that lives within the villages who respectively declined to attend the meeting to discuss the same issues. Repesenative Sands did not discuss his distruct he discussed what is happening in Tallahasse that will impact all Floridians. The Lat time I checked "The Villages" is still part of Florida and the people that live in The Villages are Floridians. Senator Nelson ws unable to attend because he was working hard on trying to create 22,000 jobs in the state of Florida.
J Flynn,

You are right that State Representative Marlene O’Toole declined to attend a partisan meeting (the Democrats of The Villages). I doubt that Representative Sands would have shown up in response to an invitation from The Republicans of The Villages. The Senate was not in session on February 26th and I suspect that Senator Nelson, like Congressman Stearns, was back in Florida. However a meeting in The Villages was simply not high on his priority list – consequently he sent a mid-level staffer. A meeting of the Democratic Club of the Villages is neither more nor less newsworthy than any other club meeting in the Villages. I know you sent out press releases, but that does not make it news.

If you hold a meeting and Senator Nelson decides to attend in person, I can guarantee you that the Daily Sun will be there. Why? Because Senator Nelson coming to The Villages will be news.