View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
n/a

I actually find the continual harping on the Daily Sun rather humorous !

I assume that those who criticize so much lived somewhere where the newspaper locally had absolutely no political leanings whatsoever. I never lived anywhere like that and lived in many different communities.

I also assume that before moving here, you were concerned about the political leaning of the developer where you lived and expressed your disappointment and chagrin about his/her political leaning as often as possible, and as one poster said about The Villages...one of the downsides about living in The Villages, ie. having an active Republican developer.

Not sure about anyone else but when I was looking for a place to retire, neither the political leaning of the developer, nor the leaning of the newspaper was discussed or looked at, as it meant nothing and I am puzzled as to why it means so much to so many here on this forum. I am puzzled, especially in this day and age, why the local newspaper, a DAILY NEWSPAPER IN A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY, and its political leaning is so important.

Please explain how the political leaning of the developer or the political leaning of the newspaper here affects your daily retirement living to either the good or bad. Has anyone asked you for your voter registration card before you could go anywhere or do anything ? Do folks here in The Villages rely completely on the Daily Sun, A NEWSPAPER IN A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY, as their only source of news ? Did you actually investigate the red or blue of the area you were retiring in and please why do you care at all ?

I do not know of a newspaper in the USA that does not lean one way or another, and those of you who express the political leaning as a downside, should we enter the political leaning of all developers in any literature...like the retirement books touting other places to retire?