View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but I must come back to my main point. Be polite in your rebuttal and you will have a better chance of gaining supporters for your cause. But if you only wish to drive them away or have a desire to raise someones blood pressure, then be sarcastic. If I had your staying power and writing ability, I personally would put it to use bringing more folks into the Conservative way of thinking AND VOTING.

My post was more of a collective "you" and not meant to refer to only "you" or even "you". I attempt to be clear in my writing and it seems I am often unsuccessful. You were speaking for a group of people and I responded in kind, and you took it personal. That is one of the problems in written forums.

When a poster has an idea, and another poster disagrees with that idea; it is extremely difficult to disagree with that idea without disagreeing with the originator of the idea, as the originator and his idea are one and the same and he is bound to take it "personal".

When someone solves that conundrum please let me in on it.