View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

It isn't a matter of having less channels - it is a matter of being ripped off. I called Dish for an explanation of charges - check your bill for TV2 Receiver Connection charge of $5.00. When I asked about this charge, I was asked what my email address was to verify it. They had an email address for me which I have not had for years and can't even imagine where they got it. I have had CenturyLink and then the change to Embarqmail for probably about 5 years. I just hooked up to Dish 1 1/2 yrs ago. He insisted they didn't make it up and that I gave it to them. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!! That would be like me giving a phone number I had 10 years ago when I lived in CT - I don't even remember that number. My current email (especially the only one I've been using for 5 years) is the only one I would ever give. Seniors Against Crime is going to get a call and I am definitely dropping Dish when my contract is up (unfortunately Dec of this year). I hope I can get some action from Seniors Against Crime.

Update: I spoke with CenturyLink and they are no longer affiliated with Dish - they are with Direct TV but honoring the customers with their bundles with Dish TV. Also, meeting with Seniors Against Crime to file a complaint.

Last edited by mfp509; 03-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.