View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Sage
Default We all feel your pain....

In my experience Havana is part of the issue. Most of my experiences playing golf here on the 18 holers are within the allocated time or better. I have had two awful rounds this year for pace, both were at Havana. I started asking other clubs about pace of play, almost always Havana comes up first. Either their ambassadors are not doing their job (or do not know how to do their job) or management has handcuffed them. In my experience, this does not happen at Glenview as an example.

The last time I played Havana I played Hemingway to Kilimanjaro. The front 9 took 2 hours and 25+ minutes. I got to the back 9 and and the 11:52/12:00 groups were waiting as we were the last ones from the AM wave. I was standing on number one at Kilimanjaro and no one was on 4 or 5 and I could not see 6.... NO ONE! I saw an ambassador, I asked him what happens for slow play, he said he tells the group, if they will not move he asks management to help.

I mentioned how bad the front side was, he said I wonder why, this side is on time. It took all of my restraint not to "educate him", but I simply mentioned that there are two holes open ahead of us. Off he went, but this is WAY too late..... this had to be done when they were one hole behind on number 5 on the front

unbelievable...

This is a situation where ONE group affected the enjoyment of so many others. I really believe in this case the ambassadors on staff simply did not know how to manage the course.....