View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Platinum member
Default Suggestion

How about instead of berating the ambassadors, your entire group(s) get with the head pro at the championship courses and voice your concerns? They are the ones in charge...not the ambassadors. (And, no, I am not an ambassador or married to one.) Any issues where we came from if the ambassadors had a problem, didn't do their job, or whatever were always addressed by the pro. He was even seen out on the course lots of times, especially on the really crowded days. Have you ever seen one of the pros out on the courses here?

Golfers don't have to be low handicappers to play at a decent pace, either. Some of the slowest players I have ever had the misfortune to play with were single digit handicappers. There are many ways to maintain a decent pace such as ready golf, scoring at the next hole, putting on head covers in transit, not doing lots of practice swings, taking forever lining up putts, finishing conversations later, pick up (as suggested), even do gimmee putts when not in a stroke play tournament. Taylor11947 nailed it.

I don't like slow play, but I don't think golf is a contest to see who can get around the course the fastest, either. I sure don't like being pushed by the group behind when we're waiting on every hole and there are some golfers who do exactly that.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."