View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
Gosh ! I recently moved here and have never golfed. I had planned to do some lessons and give it a try, but after reading this thread I shall never ever get closer than the club house restaurant to a golf course - ever. This thread is the culmination of what had been a "looking forward to the villages and what it has to offer" mode for me........ I was waiting for the snowbirds to fly north to start some lessons, but I'll fore go that idea and start wondering why it was that I bought in the villages.
Wow, that seems to be a bit of an overreaction. I have golfed for 50 years and am still not very good, but I get to the ball quickly, hit it, and move along, and I never spend much time looking for a lost ball. You don't have to be good to play at a decent pace, and as someone else said, often the best players are among the slowest. Learn to play the game and have fun, don't take it too seriously and keep moving and you will be fine.