View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Platinum member

Just a follow-up... We went to the Sheriff's Annex with our folder full of papers last Friday. I took a book along, because I thought people would be lined up out the door to file for the Homestead Exemption, since it was almost the last day to file. Nope. No line, and only one other person was ahead of us. We didn't even have time to browse all the artwork in the gallery before we were called. We had the form filled out ahead of time, the woman looked at it, asked us to sign, and we were done. It was easy peasy!
We're official homesteaders! No more state income tax! Yay!
Thank you Chuckinca!

(PS: I also registered to vote while I was there. While I was completing the voter registration form, voterman checked the computer and found the woman in Florida who stole my identity 10 years ago! The voter registration rolls said she has the same name and birthdate as mine, but I was sued by her obstetrician for $10,000 for the baby he delivered for her in Florida. This is while I was living in Utah. We had to get a lawyer to resolve this. Now there's no way someone with my birthdate delivered a baby 10 years ago... but at the time I had to stop and think... $10,000? For a brand new baby? If I pay the $$ can I keep the baby? Can I see a picture of the baby? Is it cute? lol )
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida