View Single Post

Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Many people seem to go through life in kind of a fog, not just on the golf course. They are oblivious to anyone else they may be inconveniencing - you see them at the grocery check-out line, at the bank, in traffic etc. etc.
I believe that most slow golfers (not all) are just unaware of the delays they are causing. I got a good friend of mine back into golf after thirty years of not playing, and whenever we play I remind him of golf courtesy and moving along. He had not played in so long that he had forgotten many of those things, if he had ever learned them at all. In other words, I think most people will do the right thing if reminded, so tell people you golf with, in a kind and positive way, that "WE seem to be holding up the group behind us so WE better pick up the pace and not do so much ------------. Perhaps a few signs between holes, and in the proshop reminding people of the importance of good pace and tips on how to keep things moving would be of help. At least then the ambassadors would be able to back up their warnings by pointing out the obvious reminders the golfers should have seen.