View Single Post

Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Dang! The Villages has some darn good quality problems. I just had to qualify for a new Women's golf club here in California. I'm a single digit handicap, I still had to show that I could play golf, understand the rules and etiquette. Not only did I need to shoot under 108, I scored an 82. I must play golf with board members for five additional rounds to make sure I'm in good standing. Slow play is not tolerated at all and I walk the courses here.

We are taught, get to your ball, be ready to hit, putt out and go to the next tee box. Plus we play in groups of five. A good round is five hours. I'm looking forward to TV.

Last week we had a rainy day, imagine in southern California. Of course I'm playing golf, I get hooked up with an adorable 36 year old male (Davis). I'm in a cart, this is my 2nd round of golf for the day. I asked the kid if he wanted to play Ninja golf? He looked at me and said, Yeah. We played 18 holes in two hours. We giggled the entire round and played really well. I won $.50 on the skins game. Even with Ninja golf there needs to be a bet.

So what's my point? I just think many golfers are not educated about ready golf and hopefully those of us who are, can pass on our knowledge on to them without an attitude.