View Single Post

Old 03-03-2011, 01:34 PM

I have neighbors who park on the street just on a rise of a small hill, so when I'm coming down the street, I can't see if another car is coming toward me or not. Now the neighbor on the other side of the street is starting to park THEIR car on the other side of the street. With narrow streets, I think it's a safety problem, let alone the fact that it doesn't look as nice as when all the streets are kept clear. The one car parked on the street usually is parked heading the wrong way, which REALLY ticks me off. It's frustrating when it's in the deed restrictions and yet these aren't being enforced. I have another neighbor who parked a big truck they used for hauling a small trailer in their own driveway. CDD told them that wasn't allowed, and they had to find another place to store their truck. I'm not advocating having big trucks in your driveway, but if CDD can tell you what the heck you can park in your OWN driveway, I don't know why they can't enforce their own restrictions on streets. In my neighborhood in Virginia, it says in our neighborhood covenants that we can't have fences in our front yards. No one does, and it's been that way for the 35 years we've had a house there. I guess I don't understand why street restrictions in the deed in a planned community can't/won't be enforced. The CDD cars cruise through my neighborhood on a regular basis, so it's not as if they have to go out of their way to ask the owners to put their car in their driveway. I live south of 466 and I was told that we had restrictions on what we can put in our yard - yard statues, etc. So far no one I see has done that, but if our private yards are regulated, how is it that public streets can't be regulated in the same way, especially when it's a safety issue?