View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM
n/a

VK: I agree we are in big trouble... but more "INVESTMENT".. that means SPENDING.. is not the solution.
We became great because of innovation, work, and risk taking by INDIVIDUALS.. NOT by INVESTMENT "SPENDING" by government. I agree government creates the environment where individuals may prosper, but we are spending far too much on "EDUCATION" which means "WELFARE spending inside school buildings", and WELFARE spending which dis incentives work and self reliance. We had none of that junk when I grew up. I took my own lunch to school. I made it and I ate it. I didnt get FREE OR REDUCED COST breakfast, lunch, and supper at school.. and we were POOR. Knock it off with the INVESTMENT bs to justify welfare spending in school.
I paid my own way in college and law school. I worked during the school year and in the summer. I had 3 jobs in law school. Sure rich kids had it easier.. but so what...
I made it fine. I went to community college to save money and work. No one gave me a laptop or other overly stressed technology.
Credit cards instead of food stamps so people dont have to be "humiliated" when they get food off the public dole.. bull..
It is all social welfare social justice bull and you know it. There are winners and losers. Those that have the will to win will win. I did it. My kids did it. They paid their own ways in college, and in graduate school even though I easily could have done it.
Reduced welfare give aways is not just necessary nowadays, it is the life lessons that have been lost and must be found.
JJ