View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Oh, Billo

While giving our neice a lesson in driving stick shift, her little brother discovered the same lever (window).....and he wanted to know where the DVD and Navigation System was located in this 1960 VW....Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Some friends of ours have two sons who were in grade school when the following took place - probably dates back 20 years ago or so.

The boys' father decided to economize on his next new car purchase - get an entry-level type of small car that would get good mileage, just to drive to work and back. So that's what he did - bought a strip-o Civic.

The first time the boys were in the car to take a spin, they looked at something on the interior door panels that they just couldn't figure out - something looked strange to them. "Dad, what are these little lever-things on the doors?"
They'd never seen a car with window cranks instead of power windows!!! YIKES!!

It's all "generational", though. I think about what transpired or didn't exist when my parents were growing up that amaze me. Same with things I remember taking place when I was growing up. And then to look at what's happened over the course of the latest generation - simply astounding, particularly when it comes to technological advances and the impact they've had on so many things.

Bill