View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quill View Post
For those of you that think the current TSA situation is acceptable, I ask what will it take to be unacceptable? The current is nothing but theater and bad theater at that. Do you really believe that TSA is stopping anything? The situation is they are just giving you a warm fussy while the rest of the airport security is a big sieve.

Take for example that the TSA employees, because they demanded and got metal police looking badges, do not go through the security that we go through. They just walk right through security. Random checks. A recent account was of a TSA person trying to carry a gun to work in a back pack.
That flight line crews, maintenance and aircraft cleaners go in through the back door at most airport through gates with swipe cards and no security.
That most airports have off airport catering, meaning that a truck delivers the aircraft food service carts to the aircraft after being filled off airport. No body checks the carts when they arrive.
That cargo in the aircraft hold is not checked, passenger bags maybe but not cargo.
That TSA puts pilots through the same crap that we go through, including taking their liquids and making them get pat downs. How much sense does that make? If a pilot wants to crash an aircraft do they need to bring anything with them? A pilot was arrested and fired after he had had enough of TSA abuse. After he was requested to take off shoes and belt he commented that he could get naked and still crash an aircraft.
So if you are willing to put up with this, it is sad. This is like a experiment by the government to see how far they can push. If you have no problem giving up your rights and freedoms then I suggest you check out a third world dictatorial country. Plenty of security there, no freedom. And please do not tell me I should just drive. If TSA really wants to make us secure then fix all the holes, do not just mess with me and try make me believe I am safe. When we as US citizens incrementally give up our rights we will find ourselves without any rights.
Willing to "put up with" security measures that will not only protect me, but everyone in my family and my friends and people I don't know from death by a terrorist act???

This inordinate fear of having your body touched is way more than I can understand.

Do you really believe that every single person employed in security are sexual perverts? I find your fears outside the perimeter of what I consider ordinary fear. The ONLY reason I will fly is because of these measures. Do I think that every single person is above reproach who is employed by the TSA? No, but I imagine that most of them are decent people...the way that most people are decent people.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-06-2011 at 05:20 AM.