View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 PM

It has nothing to do with being touched and everything about the process and what the government is doing. Gracie you believe that for the most part that TSA agent are good people and I agree, but I also think that 99.9999 percent of all people traveling on aircraft are good people. But we are all treated as guilty until we are scanned and patted down. If only one in a hundred TSA are bad why are you not concerned that they are not checked like we are to catch that one? My real beef is with the machines. I have been patted for years but not groped. Metal detectors are one thing but when the government starts X-raying me that is when I draw the line. We are told it is safe. How many times in everyone's memory has the government said something is ok only later to say sorry we were wrong. Even if it is safe, that assumes that the machine is set correctly, maintained and used correctly. You do not have X-ray tech running these like in hospitals. I have been told to minimize the amount of radiation I get. Difficult to do with these new machines. As for improving other areas I agree, but doubt it will come to pass. There is big money in these new machines and people are building empires off of security, but I never feel any safer when I go through security, just put upon.
Another note 40 years ago in the work I was in I got briefings on terrorism. The summation of which was that we should be aware and do our best to avoid being a victim, but if the terrorist really wanted to get us they would. And that when ever we change our lives because of something they have done then the terrorist have won by default. This issue with TSA is a prime example of them winning in my opinion.