View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Poa

Cabo35 My sentiments exactly except you speak to it with more clarity. I wondered why residents were not given an opportunity to discuss the offer before the POA settled. Perhaps that is not a part of the legal process? All that ocurred was a written notice expalining that if a resident wanted to opt out they had x days to file an individual claim. Prhaps that is all that was required but it would have been nice to have been asked. And why under a class action did the POA agree to a confidential agreement. Perhaps this is standard procedure but we know they did because the attorney of record at the 3/18/08 meeting kept repeating that she had to refrain from specifics because of this agreement. And since we are not privy to this confidential agreement we don't know what future precedents were established with this settlement? The attorney did not satisify the many questions I had concerning this quick settlement, especially since the developer is not the sort of person who is accustom to compromise. Not only was the settlement amount somewhat illusionary as stated in a previous post but also ask yourself who really has control over the proceeds? Attend an AAC meeting and decide for yourself. By the way this is one of those issue that caused me to question the POA position on Moffitt. This is my opinion based on the fact that the 3/18/08 meeting left me with more questions than answers and I may be incorrect and welcome any input that may shed light on this issue.