View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Reality has hit us right between the eyes. We built a home in Buttonwood this June with the intention of putting the Mass. house up for sale this spring when the wife can retire, and moving down full time when it sold. Told the realtor that we weren't going to start showing it until next weekend. While picking up the mail yesterday, stopped and talked to a neighbor and he asked when I was moving. I told him that the house wasn't on the market yet, but the minute we closed I would have the engine running and would start driving south. Well, why we talked, a truck pulls up and asks where an address was, and hey, that's my house! He said that he was there to put up a for sale sign. That's when it really struck me, we're selling my house! I didn't tell my wife, so when she got home from work she saw the sign and was shocked too. Then when our kids found out, they were upset more than shocked. After the shock wore off, we were starting to get excited because after all, this is what we've been dreaming of for 4 years now. Now, will it be days, months, or years before it sells, who knows? I do know that the minute it sells, we'll call the kids first, and then it gets posted on TOTV! We can't wait to get there, but I guess we'll have to.
We are putting our house here in Natick, MA on the market in early May. We've been here almost 25 years and it's going to difficult for us to leave. With kids grown & gone, it no longer makes sense for us to have a 5 BR home.

We had our house appraised last November and I believe we will price it competitively. The reality is there still remains uncertainty in the real estate market.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11