View Single Post

Old 03-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
We looked at many homes and lots before we found one we liked. We have a villa wall behind us and on one side of us. It's tiny compared to our northern yard but it's quite large by TV standards, larger than any CYV I've ever seen.
We actually considered a CYV but I really didn't want my dogs to spend their lives on stone and concrete. I can't imagine how hot that must be in the summer. Grass was a necessity for us, even though we'll probably never spend a summer here. We had an underground fence installed and our dogs learned the boundries very quickly. Before I put the correction collars on the dogs I buckled them around my arm and walked through the correction area. I didn't want to hurt or terrify my dogs. The correction isn't really a shock. It's more of a tingle. It gets their attention but doesn't cause any pain.
I also didn't like the driveways and garages of most CYVs. Most CYVs have a 1 1/2 car garage and a skinny driveway with a curve in the middle. As someone said, some have 2 car garages and straight driveways but most do not.
We're quite pleased with our designer with a golf cart garage. As you might imagine, storage is a major problem here. Most of us in the north have full attics, basements, garages and sheds. Here you have attic storage over the garage, your closets and some storage in your garage. For me, the bigger garage the better.
Many people are very happy with CYVs and that's fine for them. They are really very nice, roomy homes. For us they just didn't work.
Good luck and welcome to TV.
Many CYV have large areas of grass. If it's all concrete and stone, more than likely, an owner took out the grass and replaced it with stone . . .
My CYV had a nice wide side yard that had both the long concrete walkway and an even wider area of grass and my dogs just loved it.