View Single Post

Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We bought our house three years ago about this time and at that time they were not building for people on the lot they chose. They were building a whole street or say 10-12 houses at a time in Hadley. Our original assigned rep went on vacation in the middle of our 6 day stay after our 2 hour time with her so we were surprised at the lack of interest for anyone else to jump in...and kind of delighted by it so we took the homes available advertisement from the Daily Fun and went looking at the outside of them ourselves. There wasn't and isn't still models that are open for you to go through without a rep.

SO...We fell in love with a Lantana (which is now occupied by our dearest friends in The Villages) and called the sales office and found it was sold minutes before...and we walked around the house next door. A little white Camellia..with the garage door unlocked! Well we entered that house, or rather Sweetie did, and opened the front door for me.........and when I entered, the colors brightened, the music went up, the birds began to sing. There was a sweet short wall behind it and some pretty landscaping that screened it from the shuffleboard court at the Odell center. I knew in my heart that I could sit on THAT lanai in my jammies and drink my coffee without offending anyone.

I looked at Sweetie and he looked at me and we both looked at Helene and we nodded in unison. The rest is history...chronicled on this forum by over 5000 posts because TAL is counting.