View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Well, it seems I have a choice -- cough my back out or get a reaction to Claritin. Took the recommendations and got some Claritin. After an hour, the coughing stopped. YEAH!!!! In another hour, I was in bed with mild chills and every joint hurting. Hmmm -- flu maybe, not allergy? Never heard of a flu or cold starting with a cough, but what do I know? Okay, fix some soup, put on warm jammies, try to sleep. Another two hours or so and the coughing starts again. Take another pill. Twenty minutes later back to the chills and body aches. Oh, crud! I'm sensitive to the meds (nothing new there -- I'm allergic to most medications).

So, no to the honey (bee allergy), no to Claritin or Actifed or Benedryl for that matter and most defnitely NO to going to a doc for a shot. Guess I'll have to suffer through it. Thanks for the advice, everyone. (Sorry, but no way I am using a neti pot -- looked it up and it just looked gross.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein