Thread: Open Houses
View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
My advice is to start with the Villages agent for the first day or two. Do not sign anything to buy a house at that point. Next, go with the MLS agent for two days. I would really forget about the FSBO's since neither can show you those.

My advice also is to look at the re-sales. Lots of great houses in Virginia Trace, Caroline, Mallory Hill, Bridgeport at Lake Miona. I bought 18 months ago in Glenview and have a wonderful home built in 2002. Bond is almost paid as compared to $25000 bonds of new homes. Makes a big difference on the annual property tax bill.

My advice, again, is to steer clear of the areas under construction and what the agent will call the area near Brownwood. That is going to be under construction with heavy machinery and blowing dirt and noise for the next 4 years. You also do not get to negotiate prices as with a re-sale house. I
would also want to steer clear of that area due to the close proximity to
Wildwood - which is not Southern charm - but a rural, blighted area with lots
of crime that might spill over to that section of The Villages. Lots of burglaries now of the appliances and hardware from the houses under construction around St. James.
Thugs, do you have any facts to support your comments about Wildwood?