View Single Post

Old 03-11-2011, 03:21 PM
n/a

Default Wisconsin

Early on I was forced into two trade unions which both had practices that intentionally cut production while continuing to demand higher wages and benefits. Google where Americian students rank in the world and last I read it was 29th. When the auto industry collapsed the UAW was handed approx 30% of the stock. When the auto industry began making headway the UAW demanded all concessions back. I know because I was about to buy a GM product until I read that little diddy in the paper. The GM salesman acknowledged that GM was strapped with this burden

Someone mentioned Reagan in another post recall that he fired about 8000 air traffic controllers because they didn't understand the problem associated with collective bargaining. If you feel airport security is a problem now wait until the TSA chooses their union. I spent most my career in Human Resources and fought hard for employees but never did I ask them to slow down production. My main objection to public unions is that it is an oxymoron for public unions to demand collective bargaining. The previous New Jersey governor advocated for public unions and he was the guy who was suppose to be watching out for taxpayers. But as we all know union dues feed campaigns and guys like Corizine know that they need unions to be relected. So there is no one to watch out for the interests of taxpayers. The best result for everyone is that good teachers get paid based on their performance as do employees in all other industries. As an HR guy and long time operations manager I saw what happended when incomptent employees were not dealt with effectively. Not surprising was the fact that their co-employees complained the most because they were adversely affected by this poor performance. So I am pleased that Scott Walker has shown intestinal fortitude regarding this issue. If you get the Daily Sun Ann coulter's Sunday column effectively addresses this topic. finally I believe that teachers would do much better without a union,that is of course if they are competent.