Thread: Open Houses
View Single Post

Old 03-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Veteran member
Default choice of wrong word

In my earlier post, I did say Wildwood was rural and blighted. The word blighted was incorrect. My apology.

However, Wildwood does have a high violent and property crime rate. Go to www.neighborhoodscout.com to check it out.

I am not implying that The Villages is unsafe by any means. I live in Glenbrook and I have never felt as safe as I do here. I love living in The Villages and would never talk against it.

However, where The Villages is expanding, will end up at Hwy 44. That area is right next to Wildwood. The Villages currently ends at Hwy 466A - very close to Wildwood.

This forum is for opinions. It is my opinion that I would rather live well in the interior of The Villages rather than to be on the edges near Wildwood.

If I offended or upset anyone, I do apologize. However, please do check out carefully www.neighborhoodscout.com for all the statistics and writeup about Wildwood. The crime index in Wildwood is 14 (with 100 being safest) and the violent crime rate is 10.67 per 1,000 while the national violent crime rate is 4.7. Wildwood town limits come right up to The Villages property limits on 44.

Last edited by Tbugs; 03-11-2011 at 09:18 PM.