Thread: ACT for America
View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 07:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
I am far more fearful of other extremists who live right here in this country - the Christian far-right who want their religion legislated. I am scared to death they want to take away my future grandaughter's right to chose, make her pray in school, teach her "creationism" as a scientific fact and ban her from marriage if she is a lesbian. These are the people I fear and see as the downfall of America - the Michelle Bachmanns, Ann Coulters and the ever-wacky Glenn Beck.
Sure, there are radical Muslims, but the change you see happening in the Middle East is the beginning of a new world there. Women are seeing that they, too, can be equal and pursue their fulfillment. The young people are getting "westernized" and want a new system of government that includes the people. Radicals of any religion will always be there and Christians have certainly been a large part of that in the past. Before we get too holier than thou, remember how many people have been killed in the name of Christianity.
It's videos like this that keep the radicals supplied with recruits and the fear and hatred it breeds fortifies their resolve against us.
I also fear extremism....difference is that they are not killing and beheading to get their way !

Also, please tell us the last extremist in any religion that beheaded publicly those who dont agree with them...or attacked public buildings to kill innocent people !

I heard not one person here or otherwise oppose anything you say...wanting a government that wants the people invloved, etc......their ONLY FEAR AND LOATHING is for the KILLING, BEHEADING AND KILLING OF INNOCENTS.

You somehow equate the fear of the radical actions taken with the advances in the middle east and I, for one, cannot see ANY parallels at all

To equate those folks you mentioned with the killers being discussed is...well, cant think of a word to describe. Your political hatred is taking control !