Thread: Diabetes
View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Info discovered in Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes is worth starting a new thread....Anyone out there that is on insulin should take note....Study groups in this book, out of group of 197 men enrolled in a 3 week diet change and exercise program out of the University of California, 140 were able to discontinue their medications....That is significant!!!....There is NO food worth a life of shooting insulin...I mentioned in another thread that Dr. Barnard started investigating a NO fat diet because he noticed that Japan had a 1-5% diabetic rate prior to 1980 compared to US which is close to 50%....What is even more remarkable, when Japanese diet became Westernized diabetes exploded by 1990 and went up to 11-12% rate. How many of you Type 2 diabetics are on the verge of going on insulin? Please get this book, or you are welcome to borrow mine...Just pm me....Anyone out there that has been on a fat-free diet is also enjoying a drop in blood pressure..
jebartle,
I am a type 2, not on Insulin yet but Dr mentioned I should consider it to bring my BSugars under better control but my problem is insulin resistance and already have plenty of insulin in my blood stream.....cells just not using it or the sugar.

Dr Barnard's book sounds interesting have a question.....besides the science of how a Vegan diet can reverse diabetes.....does the book give you nuts and bolts practical ways/recipes to incorporate this way of eating?