Thread: South of 466A?
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I find it confusing to hear Skyguy say that he is a Villager but lives in Wildwood. How does that work? Do you own rental property in The Villages but live in Wildwood?
OK, here's the scoop that will unconfuse you! I don't live in Wildwood. As a new resident I was not only confused by different forms of government where I'm from in NY and that I have been used to all my life. The second factor is that I was misled by Google searches.

When I first entered my new street address, Google auto-filled Wildwood FL to complete the address. Even if I search Google maps by just entering the street, FL for any street in the most of the southern area of TV, I still got Wildwood. Try it!

I now realize that there are no townships down here like where I live. BTW, you did only mention Wildwood and not the City of Wildwood. That would have made a difference to me at least. So therefore I will apologize on behalf of Google (me too :O|) for the confusion. Now you're unconfused and I'm still as confused as ever! The Villages Florida

BTW, ever wonder where Wildwood got its name? Well... "According to tradition, Wildwood obtained its name before it was a community. In 1877, a crew of workmen and a surveyor were putting in a telegraph line south of Ocala. The surveyor was required to report in from time to time. So when the surveyor called in and the office asked "Where are you?" He paused, and the answer he gave was, "I don't know, except in the wild woods." ***

*** Source: http://www.sumtercountytoday.com/towns/wildwood_mp.htm
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"