Thread: Bridge parking
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I was told by one snowbird, that they should have priority on everything in TV since they are only here part of the year but still have to pay for the whole year as if fulltimers!!
Army Guy
That snowbird was mistaken. He/she does not have to pay for the whole year. He/she chose to buy here and snowbird. The rules still apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
I was told by a vacationer from Michigan who was here for Feb, March & April that he didn't have to rake sand traps or fix ballmarks because he's just renting and he paid for that privilege. What can you say to that kind of stupidity?
Whereas owners do not pay for the privilege? Congrats! You've met Mishugina from Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Now I like that way to channel anger. Wonder if they would "get" it.

I have thought about having a card printed saying something like...

Most people are so annoyed and so angered when they see someone saving places. Most people are too polite or too timid to say anything. I am one of those people. Please consider the fact that hardly anyone likes what you are doing and are too kind or too afraid to say something..

signed. One of the silent majority...

And I have never run into that at the sunset place on the bridge. If I did, I would summon the girls...

And........I don't think you need worry about this place being hype. Have you been here? If not please come and see.
If the card doesn't work, I'll answer the summons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
You are so right and I'm glad you said this. Rudeness is contagious-- and so is going out of your way to be kind and considerate. If we want to remain Florida's friendliest hometown, each of us needs to be on our most pro-actively friendly behavior. It catches on!

We all need to be more like Gracie!